Welcome to Quotanda.
Quotanda’s mission is to increase access to opportunity. We partner with Educational Institutions, Governments, Financial Institutions and Foundations (the “Institutions”) to power Financial Aid Programs worldwide.
Financial Aid Programs
Quotanda supports Institutions in providing students with a variety of financial aid options including Scholarships, Deferred Payment Plans, Loans and Income Share Agreements (what we call “Financial Aid”).
How Payments Work
Quotanda supports recognition of student payments on behalf of Institutions until a student’s account balance is fully paid.
Using the Quotanda Platform
If you have any questions, or any element of the process is not clear, please reach out to the customer support team at email@example.com
These Terms regulate the relationship between Quotanda and Quotanda Customers. The relationship between Institutions and Students are regulated by Different types of contracts and agreements such as Scholarships, Loans, Deferred Payment Plans or Income Share Agreements. Our function is to operate the Quotanda Platform and provide services to both the Students and the Institutions.
2. Eligibility & Registration
To use our Site, you must be 18 years of age or older, and you must be enrolled in or accepted to a partner Education Provider or working with a partner Institution. To obtain Financial Aid through the Quotanda Platform, you must meet the Institution’s underwriting requirements. Not all products and services are available to all users, and your eligibility for a Financial Aid Program is subject to review and final determination by Quotanda and the Institutions we work with.
To apply for a Financial Aid program through the Quotanda Platform you must register and log on to your Quotanda Account. You will only be able to create a Quotanda account if you are applying for financial aid with the Institutions we work with.
When you enter your Quotanda Account we will check your identity by asking for your credentials, including a username and password. As long as the correct credentials are entered, we will assume that you are the person giving instructions and making transactions and you will be liable for them. You must therefore keep your credentials secret and make sure that they are not stored on your computer or other device in a way that enables others to impersonate you.
You must tell Quotanda immediately if you think someone else knows your credentials, or about any unauthorized use of your credentials or account or any other breach of security. Until you tell us:
- you will be responsible for any instruction which we receive and act on through your Quotanda Account, even if the instruction was not given by you; and
- we will not be responsible for any unauthorised access to confidential Information about you on your Quotanda Account.
Payments are made to the Institution as agreed on the Financial Aid contract. Payments are outlined in your Legal Contract or agreement with the Institution.
4. Closing Your Quotanda Account
You may only close your Quotanda account once your Financial Aid balance is fully paid in accordance with your Legal Contract (i.e Loan, Deferred Payment Plan Contract or Income Share Agreement). Once your Financial Aid is paid, you may terminate your Quotanda registration by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will no longer be able to access the Platform. However, we and the Collections Agency will continue to maintain records to the extent that we are required by law to do so.
We may terminate your Quotanda registration if you have lied to us, seriously or repeatedly breach these Terms, die, become bankrupt or make a voluntary arrangement with anyone you owe money to. We may either terminate or suspend your Quotanda registration immediately and without notice if we are aware or reasonably suspect that you are engaged in, or may be the victim of, any fraudulent activity. We will then notify you of any such termination or suspension as soon as is reasonably practicable, to the extent we are permitted to do so by applicable law.
Effect of Termination
If we terminate your Quotanda registration it will not affect your obligation to repay the amount you have borrowed under the Legal Contract with the Institution (i.e. Deferred Payment Plan Contract or Income Share Agreement)
Following notice of termination of your Quotanda registration, we will provide you with limited access to the Quotanda Platform and your Quotanda Account for a period of 7 days to download any of your customer content or information relating to your Deferred Payment Plan Contract or Income Share Agreement. Upon the expiry of that 7 day period, your access to your Quotanda Account and the Quotanda Platform will be terminated and we will have no obligation to store or provide you with access to any Information in your Quotanda Account or relating to your activity on the Quotanda Platform.
If the Institution ends the Legal Contract (i.e. Deferred Payment Plan Contract or Income Share Agreement) on the basis of the Student’s default then Quotanda, on behalf of the institution will inform the Student to immediately pay any outstanding Financial Aid balance and all fees and charges due under the Legal Contract (i.e. Deferred Payment Plan or Loan Contract or Income Share Agreement). The institution’s right to recover any such unpaid sums will continue to apply following the termination of the Legal Contract (i.e. Deferred Payment Plan Contract or Income Share Agreement)
Quotanda collects certain data from its users in order to determine eligibility for theFinancial Aid program offered by our partner institution, and for other purposes related to your Legal Contract (i.e. Deferred Payment Plan Contract or Income Share Agreement). We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communication with you in order to check any instructions given to us, for training purposes, for crime prevention and to improve the quality of our customer service.
We may transfer your Personal Information abroad to countries whose Information protection laws are less strict. If so, we will ensure the Information is held securely and only used for the purposes set out in these Terms.
Quotanda will never send you unsolicited communications. There are some messages (“Service Messages”) that we will need to send you. These may be sent via email, post or text message and include notifications about your Legal Contract (i.e. Deferred Payment Plan Contract or Income Share Agreement) application, payment information or balance if you are a Student, and information about your balance and account status if you are an Institution.
Access to Your Personal Data
You have a right to access certain personal records we hold about you. This is called a “subject access request”, which you can make by writing to us at email@example.com.
6. Customer Content and Use of the Platform
You represent, warrant and undertake that none of your Customer Content will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including Intellectual Property Rights; or contain libellous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material. In addition, you undertake not to use the Quotanda Platform (which include the Quotanda web site(s), blog or discussion board(s) to:
- harvest or collect email addresses or other financial, personal or contact Information of Customers or other users from the Quotanda Platform by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited communications;
- use the Quotanda Platform in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overload or impair the Quotanda Platform or the servers on which it is hosted;
- use automated scripts to collect Information from or otherwise interact with the Quotanda Platform;
- upload, post, publish, display, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available on the Quotanda Platform any Information that we may deem:
- to be misleading, harmful, threatening, unlawful, libellous, defamatory, infringing of any intellectual property rights, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- to contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to be unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- to be the private Information of any third party, including, without limitation, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, National Insurance numbers or other identifiers, credit card numbers and/or debit card numbers;
- to be an attempt to promote or market any goods or services for your own financial benefit;
- register at Quotanda more than once or register for at Quotanda on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register at Quotanda on behalf of any entity without that entity’s prior written authorisation;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age, your financial employment or personal circumstances or your affiliation with any person or entity; use or attempt to use another’s account, service or system without authorisation from us, or create a false identity on the Quotanda Platform.
- solicit Personal Information from anyone under 18 or solicit passwords or personally identifying Information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
You are solely responsible for your Customer Content. You may not post, transmit, or share Customer Content on the Quotanda Platform that you did not create or that you do not have permission to display, publish or post. You understand and agree that we may, but are not obligated to, review the Quotanda Platform and may delete or remove (without notice) any Quotanda Information or Customer Content in our sole discretion, for any reason or no reason, including without limitation Customer Content that in our own absolute discretion violates any provision(s) of these Quotanda Terms. You are solely responsible at your sole cost and expense for creating backup copies and replacing any Customer Content.
When you post your Customer Content, you authorise and direct us to make such copies thereof as we deem necessary in order to facilitate the publication, display and storage of the Customer Content on the Quotanda Platform. By posting Customer Content to any part of the Quotanda Platform, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to us an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such Customer Content for any purpose on or in connection with the Quotanda Platform, Quotanda web site(s), blog or discussion board(s) or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Customer Content, and to grant and authorise sublicenses of the foregoing. You may remove your Customer Content from the Quotanda Platform at any time. If you choose to remove your Customer Content, the license granted above will automatically expire, however you acknowledge that we may retain archived copies of your Customer Content.
You agree to indemnify and hold each other Customer, us, our subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of Quotanda’s directors, officers, agents, contractors, partners and employees, harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or in connection with any of your Customer Content, your use of the Quotanda Platform, your conduct in connection with the Quotanda Platform or with other users of the Quotanda Platform, or any violation of these Quotanda Terms or of any law or the rights of any third party.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Quotanda Customers. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users.
7. Use of Quotanda Information
Quotanda Information and all the Intellectual Property Rights in the Quotanda Information is either owned by us or our licensors (for example, credit reference agencies). Any use of Quotanda Information otherwise than in accordance with these Terms entitles us to cancel you Quotanda Account. You may:
- display Quotanda Information on a computer screen or take a reasonable number of copies for your records or store the Quotanda Information in electronic form on your computer, provided that such copies and any stored Quotanda Information is only used for your own personal and non-commercial purposes (or, if you are a Lending Business, for use internally for your own internal business purposes and not for commercial exploitation);
- not reproduce, modify or in any other way commercially exploit any of the Quotanda Information. In particular, but without limiting the generality of the previous sentence, you may not do any of the following without our prior written consent (which may be withheld for any reason):
- redistribute any of the Quotanda Information;
- remove any copyright, trade mark or other notice included with the Quotanda Information;
- create a database in electronic or structured manual form by systematically downloading and storing all or any such Information.
8. Using Information on the Platform
The Quotanda Information may include personal credit scores, output from educational tools (including cost calculators designed to allow you to consider “what if” scenarios using pricing and other Information). None of this or any other aspect of the Quotanda Information will provide more than indicative results, depending on the Information you have supplied, and cannot be relied upon as a guarantee of any particular result.
We will use reasonable skill and care in the supply of the Quotanda Information to you. Due to the number of third party sources from which the Quotanda Information is obtained and the nature of distribution of Information via the Internet, we cannot guarantee, warrant or represent that:
- the Quotanda Information is complete, accurate, up-to-date or error-free;
- the Platform or web site is virus free or that their operation will be continuous, uninterrupted or error-free.
The Platform contains links to other Internet sites and telephone numbers for services provided by others. The availability of such third party sites, services or material does not constitute any form of recommendation, advice, endorsement or publication of any such third party sites, services or material and we are not responsible for their availability or Information.
None of the Information on the Platform, and in particular, neither the Customer Content nor the Quotanda Information, can be relied upon by you or any third party as a guarantee of any particular result, nor does any such Information constitute any form of advice, recommendation or endorsement by us, and it is not intended to be relied upon by you as the basis for making (or refraining from making) any specific decision.
You download the Information on the Platform, and in particular the Customer Content and the Quotanda Information, at your own discretion and will be exclusively responsible for any damage to your computer or any lost Information that results from you downloading any such Information.
We are not responsible or liable in any manner for any Customer Content or any Information posted on the Quotanda Platform by third parties. Although we provide rules for user conduct and postings, we do not control and are not responsible for what Customers or other users post, display, upload, publish transmit or share on the Quotanda Platform and are not responsible for any Information that breaches or is of a kind that might breach any provision of these Quotanda Terms. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any Customer or other user of the Quotanda Platform.
The Quotanda platform, the Quotanda information and all other information on the Quotanda platform, Quotanda web site(s), Quotanda blog and discussion boards are provided “as-is” and we disclaim any and all representations and warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation implied warranties of title, merchantability, satisfactory quality fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. we cannot guarantee and do not promise any specific results from use of the Quotanda platform or any information on it. we do not represent or warrant that software, content or materials on the Quotanda platform are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free or that the Quotanda platform or its servers, or any software applications are free of viruses or other harmful components. therefore, you should exercise caution in the use and downloading of any such software, information or materials and use industry-recognised software to detect and disinfect viruses. without limiting the foregoing, you understand and agree that you download or otherwise obtain customer content, Quotanda information and all other information, material or software (including any mobile client) from or through the Quotanda platform, Quotanda web site(s), blog and discussion board(s) at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for your use thereof and any damages to your device or computer system, loss of information or other harm of any kind that may result.
We reserve the right to change any and all Information, software and other items used or contained in the Quotanda Platform offered through the Quotanda Platform at any time without notice.
You may not include a link to the Quotanda Platform in any other site, computer or network without our prior written consent and licence.
9. Limits on Liability
We agree to:
- act fairly, reasonably and responsibly in our dealings with you;
- not discriminate against any Quotanda Customer because of their race, sex, disability, ethnic background or sexuality; and
- correct mistakes and handle complaints promptly in accordance with any agreed time periods.
Except as otherwise expressly stated in these principles, we shall only be liable for foreseeable loss or damage arising directly out of our own breach of these Terms, negligence or wilful misconduct.
We shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with:
- any error or inaccuracy in the Information entered by you or any other Quotanda Customer;
- any negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation or wilful misconduct in relation to theuses of the Quotanda Platform (other than our own).
We shall not be liable for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage, including loss or damage arising out of or in connection with lost Information, lost profits, damage to goodwill or business interruption, any delay or failure to perform its own obligations under these principles due to circumstances beyond our own reasonable control.
Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit the liability of either you or us for death or personal injury caused by our own negligent acts or any fraudulent acts or omissions as any other liability imposed by applicable law which cannot be excluded as a matter of law.
- Enforceability: If any part of the Quotanda Terms that is not fundamental is found to be illegal or unenforceable, such finding will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the Quotanda Terms
- Notices: You agree that all Information, notices, documents that we are entitled to send you electronically may be delivered to you at your Quotanda Account. Any notices we give you shall be given in writing via the Quotanda Platform to your Quotanda Account. You may also receive by email to your email address specified in the Quotanda Account from time to time a prompt to refer to your Quotanda Account. Any notice or demand Quotanda gives will be assumed to have been properly given if served as described here.
- Records conclusive: The records kept in the Quotanda Platform shall be conclusive of the facts and matters they purport to record.
- Trademarks: “Quotanda”, and related design(s), are trademarks of Quotanda.
- Waiver: If we do not strictly apply our rights under the Quotanda Terms at any time, that will not prevent us from doing so later.
- Choice of Law: Each Legal Contract defines the choice of law as per the financial aid agreement with the institution.
- Taxes: If any taxes apply to you as a result of entering into these Terms you must account for them yourself.
- Third Party Rights: The Institutions and the Student agree that, while Quotanda is not a party to the Deferred Payment Plan Contract or Income Share Agreement, Quotanda acting as service provider of the Institutions may take the benefit of and specifically enforce each express term of the Legal Contracts (ie. Deferred Payment Plan Contract or Income Share Agreement) and any term implied under it.
- Transfer: The Student may not transfer any rights or obligations under the Legal Contracts (ie. Deferred Payment Plan Contract or Income Share Agreement). The Institutions may transfer or assign any of its rights under the Legal Contracts (ie. Deferred Payment Plan Contract or Income Share Agreement) to one or more third parties.
11. Complaints Handling Process
If you want to make a complaint about the Financial Aid contract or Quotanda you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with brief details of your complaint and your account reference. Quotanda will acknowledge your complaint within one business day. Quotanda will then investigate and send you an initial response. This should take no longer than five business days. If you are not satisfied by Quotanda’s response, you may contact the Customer Services Manager who will respond by email within a further five business days.
12. Quotanda’s Legal and Regulatory Status
- Quotanda Loans SL, a company incorporated in Spain under company Tax ID B65979890, having its registered office at Aribau 168, 1-1 , 08036, Barcelona
- Quotanda LLC, company also incorporated in Delaware as Quotanda LLC and registered at 3500 South Dupont Highway, Dover, DE 19901.
- Quotanda Mexico SAPI de CV. A company incorporated in Mexico with Tax ID QME150209M46 Calle Goldsmith Número 40, Colonia Polanco Reforma, Delegación Miguel Hidalgo, CP 11550. Mexico